It is with great excitement that we near the 2018 EFL autumn conference in Milan, Italy. You may find the official program HERE
Hosting organisation of this edition is Fondazione Housing Sociale (FHS). FHS has played a major role in the development of the social housing sector in Italy. The conference is organized in partnership with the Fondazione dell’Ordine degli Architetti P.P.C. di Milano.
The EFL member community and guests will gather from the 6th to the 8th of November. Themes will center around future housing challenges for European cities, paying specific attention to strategies and best practices for inclusive urban transformations.
We will begin this influential and engaging conference on Tuesday, the 6th of November with a guided city walk highlighting architecture in the center of Milan.
What can you expect during the two days of this compelling conference?
- Challenging keynote speakers on the first day
- Three parallel workshops on the second day
- Interactive discussions with speakers and fellow EFL members
- A site visit to one of Milan’s prime examples of affordable housing, Cenni di Cambiamento, awarded the European Collaborative Housing Award in 2017
- A presentation of the recently published EFL and TU Delft book, Affordable Housing Governance and Finance: Innovations, partnerships and comparative perspectives.
- Keynote address by the deputy mayor for social housing of the City of Milan discussing urban transformation within the city
- Introductions of new members
- New EFL projects and ideas
You may also choose to join us for an optional, guided visit on Friday, the 9th of November to the Biennale Architettura 2018. 16th International Architecture Exhibition in Venice. Transportation will be by train, and the cost of the visit is €150. This includes a train ticket to and from Milan, entry, and lunch.
Registration for members and associates click HERE
Interested to join the conference as a non member? Click HERE
More information on the Biennale can be found HERE.