The Cumulus Rovaniemi 2019 conference “Around the Campfire – Resilience and Intelligence” invites you to discuss the themes of resilience and intelligence. The Faculty of Art and Design of the University of Lapland will host the conference from 27 May until 1 June 2019. The conference committee invites all the Cumulusians to meet around the campfire to discuss, relax, share stories and experiences, create connections, and appreciating the fragility and power of the Arctic spring and nature.
The conference discusses especially the topic of resilience. What are the means, medium and methodologies of art, design and media in contributing to the adaptability and novel innovation in coping with everyday life, geographical extremes and societal challenges? How are the topics of sustainability and resilience interconnected and interwoven? The discussion is complimented by intelligence that is visible through design applications that embrace smart, green and social innovation.
The Faculty of Art and Design welcomes you warmly to contribute to discussions about practices, research and artistic processes around the campfire!
Important dates and deadlines
- Submission of all abstracts and digital images of works of art: 11.12.2018
- Notifications of accepted abstracts: 15.1.2019
- Submissions all full papers: 15.2.2019
- Final notification of full papers: 15.3.2019
- Camera-ready papers due: 30.3.2019
- Works of art due (arrival by post): 30.4.2019
- Exhibition opening: 29.5.2019
For more information visit Cumulus Rovaniemi website